- We regularly seek information from the Environmental Health Department and the Health Authority to ensure that we keep up to date with the latest recommendations.
- Our daily routines encourage the children to learn about personal hygiene.
- We have a daily cleaning routine for the setting which includes play room(s), kitchen, rest area, toilets and nappy changing areas.
- The toilet area has a good standard of hygiene including hand washing and drying facilities and the disposal of nappies.
- We implement good hygiene practices by:
- cleaning tables between activities;
- checking toilets regularly;
- wearing protective clothing – such as aprons and disposable gloves – as appropriate;
- providing sets of clean clothes;
- providing tissues and wipes.
Food and Drink
- Staff who prepare and handle food understand – and comply with – food safety and hygiene regulations.
- All food and drink is stored appropriately.
- Adults do not place hot drinks within reach of children.
- Snack and meal times are appropriately supervised and children do not walk about with food and drinks.
- Fresh drinking water is available to the children at all times.
- We operate systems to ensure that children do not have access to food/drinks to which they are allergic.
- We operate a NUT free environment