Outings and Visits
- We have agreed procedures for the safe conduct of outings.
- Parents sign a general consent on registration for their children to be taken out as a part of the daily activities of the setting.
- Parents always sign consent forms before major outings.
- A risk assessment is carried out before an outing takes place.
- Our adult to child ratio is high, normally one adult to two children.
- Named children are assigned to individual staff to ensure each child is individually supervised and to ensure no child gets lost and that there is no unauthorised access to children.
Outings are recorded within our planning
- Staff take a mobile phone on outings, and supplies of tissues, wipes, pants etc as well as a mini first aid pack, a snack and water. The amount of equipment will vary and be consistent with the venue and the number of children as well as how long they will be out for.
- Records are kept of the vehicles used to transport children, with named drivers and appropriate insurance cover.
- A minimum of two staff should accompany children on outings and a minimum of two should remain behind with the rest of the children.