In accordance with the National Standards for Day Care, we keep records of:
- names and addresses of all staff on the premises, including temporary staff who work with the children or who have substantial access to them;
- names and addresses of the owners or of all members of the management committee;
- all records relating to the staff’s employment with the setting, including application forms, references, results of checks undertaken etc.
- names, addresses and telephone numbers of parents and adults authorised to collect children from setting;
- the names, addresses and telephone numbers of emergency contacts in case of children’s illness or accident;
- the allergies, dietary requirements and illnesses of individual children;
- the times of attendance of children, staff, volunteers and visitors;
- accidents and medicine administration records;
- consents for outings, administration of medication, emergency treatment; and
In addition, the following procedures and documentation in relation to health and safety are in place:
National Standard 6: Safety
- Risk assessment.
- Record of visitors.
- Fire safety procedures.
- Fire safety records and certificates.
- Operational procedures for outings.
National Standard 7: Health
- Administration of medication.
- Prior parental consent to administer medicine.
- Record of the administration of medicines.
- Prior parental consent for emergency treatment.
- Accident record.
- Sick children.
- No smoking.